Return to GLAS Main Page
Native Orchards – GLAS Scheme 2017 – 18
To assist in the continued existence of native orchards fruit varieties and promote the visual and historical landscape of our Native Orchards.
- The designated area for fruit trees needs to be a minimum of 0.05 hectares and requires to be fenced off.
- Apple trees need to be traditional Irish Varieties and the quantity required is 10
- Recommended rootstock: MM111 or MM106
- Apple trees must be 7m apart in all directions
- Trees must have stakes and ties. Trees that are not staked and tied adequately will fail the grant scheme.
- Each native Apple Tree must have an Irish passport, which we can provide.
Below are the different selections of Apple Trees you can choose from our Native Orchards range.
If you have any questions regarding our range of Apple Trees or any queries regarding the GLAS scheme in general, please call us on 091 776492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org